Posted to sci.electronics.repair
John-Del

Default transistor ID needed for LCD TV

I need a part number or sub for an smd power tab transistor used in a
lamp driver circuit on an Audiovox FP1500 LCD TV. The only number on
it is 3055. There is an "A" below the number, nothing else. I don't
know who made this Audiovox, but I'm hoping that someone recognizes the
transistor from other LCD TVs. Thanks.

John

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

John-Del wrote:
I need a part number or sub for an smd power tab transistor used in a
lamp driver circuit on an Audiovox FP1500 LCD TV. The only number on
it is 3055. There is an "A" below the number, nothing else. I don't
know who made this Audiovox, but I'm hoping that someone recognizes the
transistor from other LCD TVs. Thanks.

John...... note that 3055 is one of the most used bipolar on the market, use 2n3055 for example .... ratings may vary somewhat ... in any electronics catalog ....

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Dave D

wrote in message
ups.com...

John-Del wrote:
I need a part number or sub for an smd power tab transistor used in a
lamp driver circuit on an Audiovox FP1500 LCD TV. The only number on
it is 3055. There is an "A" below the number, nothing else. I don't
know who made this Audiovox, but I'm hoping that someone recognizes the
transistor from other LCD TVs. Thanks.

John...... note that 3055 is one of the most used bipolar on the market,
use 2n3055 for example .... ratings may vary somewhat ... in any
electronics catalog ....

Yes, the 2N3055 should fit nicely on a surface mount PCB ;-)

Dave

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Travis Jordan

John-Del wrote:
I need a part number or sub for an smd power tab transistor used in a
lamp driver circuit on an Audiovox FP1500 LCD TV. The only number on
it is 3055. There is an "A" below the number, nothing else. I don't
know who made this Audiovox, but I'm hoping that someone recognizes
the transistor from other LCD TVs. Thanks.

Might this be it?
http://www.onsemi.com/pub/Collateral/MMFT3055VL-D.PDF

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Andy Cuffe

On 26 Feb 2006 06:43:35 -0800, "John-Del" wrote:

I need a part number or sub for an smd power tab transistor used in a
lamp driver circuit on an Audiovox FP1500 LCD TV. The only number on
it is 3055. There is an "A" below the number, nothing else. I don't
know who made this Audiovox, but I'm hoping that someone recognizes the
transistor from other LCD TVs. Thanks.

John

If there are any other identical transistors in the set, you might be
able to figure out what it is and come up with a sub. Knowing if it's
an NPN, PNP, n channel FET, or p channel FET would be a good start.
Then all you need to do is pick something that will handle the voltage
and current.
Andy Cuffe