Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default syncronizing 3 diferent video signal

Hello world.

I would like to put together a solution permiting me to project 3
different sources
of video (or High definition video) in a synchronised fashion.
For example lets say that I have 3 diferent video signal.

Signal 1 displays the number 1 after 1 second of projection
Signal 2 displays the number 2 after 2 second of projection
Signal 3 displays the number 3 after 3 second of projection

Then they all diplaz together the number 4 after 4 second of
projection.

I have gathered that I can probably do that with 3 syncronised dvd
readers,
presumably one master and 2 slave.

My question is could I do that from a powerfull pc with maybe 3 video
cards and reading directly from one / several vast drives or one video
card with 3 outputs. Any sugestions welcome. I am a java programer so
if anyone is aware of an api or java tool kit that would give me the
basic element that could be cool to.

Evening all,
Fred

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Bill Janssen

Sam Goldwasser wrote:

writes:

[...]

You will have to sychronize not only the timing of the material, but
the video frames as well. Otherwise, there will be annoying vertical
rolling as the video monitor or TV resyncs after each switch.

If you use a single video card with multiple outputs, I would assume they
can be synced together (or will be automagically). But with multiple
drives or DVD players or whatever, this may not be possible.

I think that three Time Base Correctors sync'ed off of the fourth video
would work. Expensive though.

Bill K7NOM

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jeff

TBC's only have a window of correction about 32 lines. He needs 3
"Frame Sync's", still, as you said, very expensive.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Jeff, Sam and Bill thanks for your contribution,

You will have to sychronize not only the timing of the material, but
the video frames as well. Otherwise, there will be annoying vertical
rolling as the video monitor or TV resyncs after each switch.

Maybe I wasn t clear enough . The assignment of one picture to one
screen stays static, it is one signal per screen, As the pictures are
never mixed on the same screen.
Signal 1 always stays on screen 1, signal 2 on screen 2 ect... surely
The synch only needs to be done on the material. Or Am I wrong? Are
there any sofware to do this?

Fred

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Hi Sam,

But then what are you asking for besides being able to output several
video images from one PC?

As you said I am looking to

1) being able to get 3 video images (possibly High def video) and one
sound output out of a pc.

2) being able to synchronise the content.

I don t know if anyone has ever done anything like that. At the moment
I am looking around
Matrox technology as they seem to deal with multiple display, stuff
like flight simulator ect.
If you feel like it have a look at the folowing link and tell me what
you think.

http://www.matrox.com/mga/workstatio...ltidisplay.cfm

Fred

Video signal from CCTV cameras?? ITM UK diy 10 May 3rd 04 03:00 PM
NTSC-compatible video signal circuit - ntsc.pdf (0/1) Rico Rivera Electronics 1 April 13th 04 06:57 PM
video producer seeking home inspection company to produce how-to video David Welch Home Ownership 0 February 5th 04 11:03 PM
HELP tuning video belmont5 UK diy 8 September 28th 03 06:56 PM
Monitor Signal Cable Severed pillip Electronics Repair 0 September 4th 03 12:07 AM