Posted to sci.electronics.repair
eth1

Default Blown Fuse in Technics SA-EX140

I saw an earlier post about a busted fuse in a Technics amp but it
didn't address my problem: my brother's friend blew out our father's
receiver during a party (turned it all the way up before realizing his
ipod wasn't plugged in or something) and blew the fuse (I just popped
open the cover and found the blown fuse). I want to replace it but I
didn't note which way it was oriented in the socket and there's a
warning "RISK OF FI REPLACE FUSE AS MARKED" on the circuit
board...I'm not an electronics type. If someone could give me some
direction on how to orient the replacement fuse...or if it actually
matters...that would rock.

Thanks.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Rheilly Phoull

"eth1" wrote in message
oups.com...
I saw an earlier post about a busted fuse in a Technics amp but it
didn't address my problem: my brother's friend blew out our father's
receiver during a party (turned it all the way up before realizing his
ipod wasn't plugged in or something) and blew the fuse (I just popped
open the cover and found the blown fuse). I want to replace it but I
didn't note which way it was oriented in the socket and there's a
warning "RISK OF FI REPLACE FUSE AS MARKED" on the circuit
board...I'm not an electronics type. If someone could give me some
direction on how to orient the replacement fuse...or if it actually
matters...that would rock.

Thanks.

The warning refers to the type of fuse used, as in voltage and current and
enclosure. Get one with the same characteristics and it can go in any way
orientated.

--
Regards ......... Rheilly Phoull

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
eth1

Thanks, Rheilly.

I got a 5A fuse and popped it in and it works great...dad almost threw
down a few hundred $ on a new amp. phew!