Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Bert van den Bosch

Default Philips television 21pt164a

Hello,

Not quite sure if I am in the right group, but still someone might have an
answer to my question.

My father bought a philips television from type 21pt164a, with a universal
remote controller (I used some numbers from 191-195 to program this remote,
they seem to work best on this television).

Now I don't know a lot on televisions, and I want to program the channels
for this television. But I have no manual for the television. Anyone knows
how this can be done?

greetings Bert

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Bert van den Bosch ha escrito:

Hello,

Not quite sure if I am in the right group, but still someone might have an
answer to my question.

My father bought a philips television from type 21pt164a, with a universal
remote controller (I used some numbers from 191-195 to program this remote,
they seem to work best on this television).

Now I don't know a lot on televisions, and I want to program the channels
for this television. But I have no manual for the television. Anyone knows
how this can be done?

greetings Bert

if its the L6.1 chassis on this model, (if my meory serves me well) you
need the original remote with has the two rhombus shaped buttons on to
open the tuning bar /store the stations. Most electronics spares shops
should be abkle to order you one for way less than 30€.
Incidentally, the TV's manual should be on the philips site

http://www2.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/...tor.pl?slg=ENG

regards.
-B.