Posted to sci.electronics.repair
John F. Reeves

Default Proxima DP8200X

I would like to thank all the responders to my request for help in finding
service literature for the Proxima DP8200X. I have 25 years of A/V repair
experience and have attended the Sharp LCD Projector repair training. It's
sad that Proxima (Infocus)(Ask/Proxima) etc., does not support non-warranty
repair facilities. It appears that NEC is fast becoming the LCD Projector of
choice.

It is also sad that the DP8200X that I am working on is only out of warranty
by 2 months. The lamp had not yet been replaced. I estimate that this
projector only has less than 800 hours on it. By the way, I have cleaned the
filter and changed the lamp out. No change in behavior was noticed. Since
the power LED does not show a standby status at all, it makes think its
power supply related. Changing the power supply would be about $800.00 and
may not repair it. Most LCD projectors also have a separate power/ballast
board. Without any service literature I'm not sure if the repair of this
projector will be justified at this point.

Again, thanks to all that reponded. Good hunting!!

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
carneyke

We have some Mitsubishi's that are working good after 2 years too. I
like the NEC's too.