Posted to sci.electronics.repair
John F. Reeves

Default Proxima DP8200X

I would like to thank all the responders to my request for help in finding
service literature for the Proxima DP8200X. I have 25 years of A/V repair
experience and have attended the Sharp LCD Projector repair training. It's
sad that Proxima (Infocus)(Ask/Proxima) etc., does not support non-warranty
repair facilities. It appears that NEC is fast becoming the LCD Projector of
choice.

It is also sad that the DP8200X that I am working on is only out of warranty
by 2 months. The lamp had not yet been replaced. I estimate that this
projector only has less than 800 hours on it. By the way, I have cleaned the
filter and changed the lamp out. No change in behavior was noticed. Since
the power LED does not show a standby status at all, it makes think its
power supply related. Changing the power supply would be about $800.00 and
may not repair it. Most LCD projectors also have a separate power/ballast
board. Without any service literature I'm not sure if the repair of this
projector will be justified at this point.

Again, thanks to all that reponded. Good hunting!!