Posted to sci.electronics.repair
yhan

Default heater voltage pulls down

Hi there!!!

My monitor suffers from low heater voltage when crt board is connected
to the crt pins. Only 1 volt. When removed, I can measure up to 6.3
volts dc. Tracing the heater circuits found out the it was not from
flyback winding. Its connected to zener diode and some transistors
going to an IC (TDA9115).
Does anyone encounters this problem already and give me some advise?

Thank you!

ianb

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
3T39

Hello, yhan!
You wrote on 30 Jan 2006 00:24:18 -0800:

y My monitor suffers from low heater voltage when crt board is connected
y to the crt pins. Only 1 volt. When removed, I can measure up to 6.3
y volts dc. Tracing the heater circuits found out the it was not from
y flyback winding. Its connected to zener diode and some transistors
y going to an IC (TDA9115).
y Does anyone encounters this problem already and give me some advise?

y Thank you!

See if there is an electrolytic capacitor across the heater power feed and
if you find one replace it. Its probably in close proximity to the IC
output. Make sure you use the correct voltage rating and get it the right
way round.

With best regards, 3T39. E-mail: