Posted to sci.electronics.repair
dsom

Default Sanyo PLV-Z3 Image Burn-In

I have an image burned into my lense or lamp or somewhere on my unit.
It is casting an annoying blue ghost over overything. I want to know
if replacing the lamp will fix it or if a more expensive trip to the
shop will be required. Thanks!

Daniel

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
dsom

Well, no help anywhere on this. I guess I am gonna toss this in the
trash and buy a different model. Thanks anyway.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

dsom wrote:
Well, no help anywhere on this. I guess I am gonna toss this in the
trash and buy a different model. Thanks anyway.

No help on what kind of device? You posted a make/model number but the
rest of the information is missing.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
dsom

I'm sorry, I didn't realize that the make and model wasn't enough
enough information.

http://www.sanyo.com/business/projec...productID=1093

Wide-screen (16:9) Multimedia Projector

Features:
800 ANSI Lumens
2000:1 Contrast Ratio
10 Bit Video Processing

PLV-Z3

* 16:9 Native Aspect Ratio, HD (1280 x 720)
* 800 ANSI Lumens
* New Motorized Iris Yields 2000:1 Contrast Ratio
* Full 10-bit Video Processing
* 15 Pin D-Sub, Data Input
* Composite, and S Video Inputs
* Lamp Output is Adjusted Automatically to Optimize Contrast and
Reduce Video Noise
* Progressive Scanning w/3-2 Pulldown Technology
* HDTV Compatible
* Pair of Front Panel Controls for Easy Set-up and Use
* Extensive Input Connections
* New Fully-illuminated Remote Control

S p e c i f i c a t i o n s
Resolution
1280 x 720
Brightness (typical)
800 ANSI Lumens
Uniformity
85% (corner to corner)
LCD Panel System
0.7" TFT Poly-Silicon x 3 (16:9)
Number of Pixels
2,764,800 (921,600 x 3)
Contrast Ratio
2000:1 (graphic mode)
Projection Image (diag.)
31" ~ 200"
Aspect Ratio
16:9
Throw Distance
3.9' ~ 20'
Zoom/Focus
1:1.3, Manual driven
Lens Shift
Manual (Up/ Down/Left/Right)
Up/Down/Left/Right Ratio
Up/Down: 3: -1 ~ -1:3 (-1V/Center/+1V)
Left/Right: 10:0 ~ 0:10 (-0.5H/Center/+0.5H)
Digital Keystone Correction
+/- 20°
Optical System
Dichroic mirror & X prism w/ PBS
Projection Lens
F2.04~2.54 /f0.85"~1.09"
Lens Throw Ratio
1.35 ~ 1.8:1
Projection Lamp
135W UHP
Scanning Frequency
H: 15~80kHz, V: 50~100Hz
(auto sense/select)
Dot Clock
100MHz
Color System
PAL/SECAM/NTSC/NTSC4.43/PAL-M/PAL-N
Computer Compatibility
WXGA/SXGA/XGA/SVGA/VGA/MAC
Voltage
100V-240V AC; 50/60Hz (auto voltage)
BTU Rating
717
dB Rating
23dBA (Theater Black mode)
Power Consumption
210W
Dimensions (WxHxD)
14.1" x 4.6" x 10.8"
Net Weight
9.0 lbs.
User Maintenance
Clean air filters, replace lamp assembly
Input Terminals
Component Video 1
Y, Pb/Cb, Pr/Cr (RCA x 3)
Component Video 2
Y, Pb/Cb, Pr/Cr (RCA x 3)
S-Video
S-Video (Mini DIN 4-pin x 1)
Composite Video
Video (RCA x 1)
Computer
Analog RGB (D-Sub 15 )
HDMI 19-Pin DVI
HDMI (19-pin)
Communication
RS-232C/ Service Port (Mini DIN 8-pin)
Included Accessories
Owner's Manual; Illuminated Infrared Remote
Control; AC Power Cord; Composite Video
Cable (9.8'); 2 AA batteries

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
James Sweet

dsom wrote:
I'm sorry, I didn't realize that the make and model wasn't enough
enough information.

http://www.sanyo.com/business/projec...productID=1093

Wide-screen (16:9) Multimedia Projector

No, what's the problem with the unit? If there's image burn then the
burned LCD panel(s) need to be replaced, this is not normally cost
effective.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
dsom

Like I said in my first post there is an image burned into it. A sort
of blue ghost is cast over everything. I can see a faint network logo
in the lower right corner.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Sounds like LCD panel burn if it is really there. Put up a solid light
colored image to verify that it is actually LCD panel image burn. If
it is then the panels need replaced. Might only need one or two of the
panels.

Might be best to try and find same model on ebay that has a lamp
ballast problem and hope it has good panels. Or put it up on ebay with
full disclosure as someone might want it for the lamp ballast or other
parts.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
dsom

So it is basically ruined. Are there home theater projectors NOT so
easily subject to burn-in? I hate to waste another $2500.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Leonard Caillouet

DLP projectors are not going to have this problem.

Leonard

"dsom" wrote in message
ups.com...
So it is basically ruined. Are there home theater projectors NOT so
easily subject to burn-in? I hate to waste another $2500.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
dsom

I guess I've learned an expensive lesson. Thank you. I go in search
of a decent DLP projector.

Daniel

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

dsom wrote:
: So it is basically ruined. Are there home theater projectors NOT so
: easily subject to burn-in? I hate to waste another $2500.

I'm not denying that you might have burn-in, but LCD displays are
not very susceptable (sp?) to burn-in, especially when compared to CRT or
Plasma displays. As another poster said, DLP technology is not really
susceptable to burn-in, either.

Sounds like you just go unlucky.

Joe

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Leonard Caillouet

LCDs do not have phosphors and therefore do not have the problem with
differential aging that CRTs and PDPs do. They do have a tendency for the
panels and filters to become burned, particularly the blue. DLPs that use a
3chip system could conceivably have the same problem in the filters, but the
chip itself will not burn like the LCD panel can.

Leonard

wrote in message
dsom wrote:
: So it is basically ruined. Are there home theater projectors NOT so
: easily subject to burn-in? I hate to waste another $2500.

I'm not denying that you might have burn-in, but LCD displays are
not very susceptable (sp?) to burn-in, especially when compared to CRT or
Plasma displays. As another poster said, DLP technology is not really
susceptable to burn-in, either.

Sounds like you just go unlucky.

Joe

Panasonic TV model CT-20G11U image distortion chibitul Electronics Repair 11 July 13th 05 10:55 PM
Iron Bloomery Dave Metalworking 25 May 22nd 05 01:54 PM
Sanyo LCD double image Ray Electronics Repair 0 February 8th 05 07:17 PM