Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Leonard Caillouet

Default Sanyo PLV-Z3 Image Burn-In

LCDs do not have phosphors and therefore do not have the problem with
differential aging that CRTs and PDPs do. They do have a tendency for the
panels and filters to become burned, particularly the blue. DLPs that use a
3chip system could conceivably have the same problem in the filters, but the
chip itself will not burn like the LCD panel can.

Leonard

wrote in message
dsom wrote:
: So it is basically ruined. Are there home theater projectors NOT so
: easily subject to burn-in? I hate to waste another $2500.

I'm not denying that you might have burn-in, but LCD displays are
not very susceptable (sp?) to burn-in, especially when compared to CRT or
Plasma displays. As another poster said, DLP technology is not really
susceptable to burn-in, either.

Sounds like you just go unlucky.

Joe