Posted to sci.electronics.repair
mitten

Default Where to find LCD inverter board.

Lost the light on my 18.1 inch SGT-18QX (marketed by SmartGlas and
OEMed for them by Optoma. Neither the seller or the manufacturer has
replacement parts or even info or manuals. Optomo OEMs LCDs for lots of
brands including Gateway, Dell, Compaq, etc.
I wonder if a board for one of the above (with 6 connectors) would do
for my unit. Any better ideas out there?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
JANA

Maybe the inverter board is serviceable? Sometimes there are bad caps on
these. They can be tested with an ESR meter. If the semiconductors are of
generic types, they may be able to be easily replaced if they are defective.

--

JANA
_____

"mitten" wrote in message
oups.com...
Lost the light on my 18.1 inch SGT-18QX (marketed by SmartGlas and
OEMed for them by Optoma. Neither the seller or the manufacturer has
replacement parts or even info or manuals. Optomo OEMs LCDs for lots of
brands including Gateway, Dell, Compaq, etc.
I wonder if a board for one of the above (with 6 connectors) would do
for my unit. Any better ideas out there?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ancient_Hacker

Are you sure problem is in the inverter? More common is the CCFL bulbs
have worn out.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Digi-Key sells ccfl lamps and inverters, if you're interested in trying
to fit something that may not exactly match. You could also make the
world's only ultraviolet tv.

(I mean you can get white lamps too if that's your thing.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Andy Cuffe

On 26 Jan 2006 05:00:29 -0800, "Ancient_Hacker"
wrote:

Are you sure problem is in the inverter? More common is the CCFL bulbs
have worn out.

I've seen far more bad inverters than bad bulbs. None of the bad
bulbs I've seen refused to light, they were just off color (often WAY
off color), or dim.
Andy Cuffe