Posted to sci.electronics.repair
JANA

Default Where to find LCD inverter board.

Maybe the inverter board is serviceable? Sometimes there are bad caps on
these. They can be tested with an ESR meter. If the semiconductors are of
generic types, they may be able to be easily replaced if they are defective.

--

JANA
_____

"mitten" wrote in message
oups.com...
Lost the light on my 18.1 inch SGT-18QX (marketed by SmartGlas and
OEMed for them by Optoma. Neither the seller or the manufacturer has
replacement parts or even info or manuals. Optomo OEMs LCDs for lots of
brands including Gateway, Dell, Compaq, etc.
I wonder if a board for one of the above (with 6 connectors) would do
for my unit. Any better ideas out there?