Posted to sci.electronics.repair
John Smith

Default looking for a 1.25A/250V fuse

I'm looking for a 1.25A/250V fuse for my VCR. I can't find it at
the local RadioShack store and they can't order it for me. Where
might I find one?
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
JANA

This is a standard value that is available from any electronics supplier.
Some will list it as 1 1/4A / 250V or 125V.

If they don't have the 1.25A, you can get away with a 1.5A fuse. If the fuse
blows, then there is a short in the power supply of the VCR. Normally these
fuses never blow, unless there are major problems.

--

JANA
_____

"John Smith" wrote in message
I'm looking for a 1.25A/250V fuse for my VCR. I can't find it at
the local RadioShack store and they can't order it for me. Where
might I find one?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
James Sweet

John Smith wrote:
I'm looking for a 1.25A/250V fuse for my VCR. I can't find it at
the local RadioShack store and they can't order it for me. Where
might I find one?

You should be able to get something close just about anywhere.

Why did the fuse blow? If you don't figure that out first the new one
will just blow right away.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily

"James Sweet" wrote in message
John Smith wrote:
I'm looking for a 1.25A/250V fuse for my VCR. I can't find it at
the local RadioShack store and they can't order it for me. Where
might I find one?

You should be able to get something close just about anywhere.

Why did the fuse blow? If you don't figure that out first the new one
will just blow right away.

More importantly, there is a missing piece of information. When buying your
new fuse, you need to check its type as well as its rating ie (F)ast or
(T)imelag

Arfa

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Shoreline Electronics

Just use a 1 amp. It will work fine and safely...if it blows as soon as
it's plugged in , ya got deeper issues.

--
==========================
Jeff Stielau

========================

"John Smith" wrote in message
I'm looking for a 1.25A/250V fuse for my VCR. I can't find it at
the local RadioShack store and they can't order it for me. Where
might I find one?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
James Sweet

John Smith wrote:

I'm looking for a 1.25A/250V fuse for my VCR. I can't find it at
the local RadioShack store and they can't order it for me. Where
might I find one?

You should be able to get something close just about anywhere.

Why did the fuse blow? If you don't figure that out first the new one
will just blow right away.

More importantly, there is a missing piece of information. When buying your
new fuse, you need to check its type as well as its rating ie (F)ast or
(T)imelag

Arfa

He said it's for a VCR didn't he? A fast blow fuse should be fine.