Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Anyway to remove crt scratches?

Anyway to remove crt scratches?

For free service manual downloads & mo

http://www.schematicsforfree.com

Sidney
Dartmouth,Nova Scotia
Canada

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote:
Anyway to remove crt scratches?

For free service manual downloads & mo

http://www.schematicsforfree.com

Sidney
Dartmouth,Nova Scotia
Canada

Google groups search for your answer.
Has been asked lots of times here.

In short, no.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Kevin S.

Depends on the severity of the scratch. If it's a gouge in the glass,
as dkuhajda says - no, short of filling the scratch with a clear filler
(like eyeglass scratch filler.) If there is an anti-glare coating on
the glass, anything you do to it is going to remove the coating for
sure. If they're just tiny hairline-type scratches, you might try
jewler's rouge or Brasso at your own risk. Won't hurt to try if you're
going to junk it due to the scratches anyway. I've made minor scratches
in glass/plastic acceptable with Brasso in the past.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
simon hanlon

Fibre optic polishing film..comes in various grades down to 0.1 microns
Diamond. I use this for terminating Fibre optic connectors so I imagine it
would take a small scratch out of anything made of glass.
"Kevin S." wrote in message
ups.com...
Depends on the severity of the scratch. If it's a gouge in the glass,
as dkuhajda says - no, short of filling the scratch with a clear filler
(like eyeglass scratch filler.) If there is an anti-glare coating on
the glass, anything you do to it is going to remove the coating for
sure. If they're just tiny hairline-type scratches, you might try
jewler's rouge or Brasso at your own risk. Won't hurt to try if you're
going to junk it due to the scratches anyway. I've made minor scratches
in glass/plastic acceptable with Brasso in the past.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Sam Goldwasser

"Kevin S." writes:

Depends on the severity of the scratch. If it's a gouge in the glass,
as dkuhajda says - no, short of filling the scratch with a clear filler
(like eyeglass scratch filler.) If there is an anti-glare coating on
the glass, anything you do to it is going to remove the coating for
sure. If they're just tiny hairline-type scratches, you might try
jewler's rouge or Brasso at your own risk. Won't hurt to try if you're
going to junk it due to the scratches anyway. I've made minor scratches
in glass/plastic acceptable with Brasso in the past.

But again, if it's AR coated, any abrasive will make a small scratch into
an unsightly blemish.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

If it is AR coated with the glue on film, as many are, then:
The picture tube can be removed from the cabinet.
The antistatic/antireflective plastic film can be carefully peeled off
the face of the glass.
The residual glue can be cleaned off, usually with alcohol or wd40 on a
rag.
Then reassemble and use.

The Dell 17" Trinitron flat screen that I am using right now was
'repaired' in that manner.
The down side is there is a quicker build up of dust on the glass
screen due to the extra static charge on the face.
The plus side is that the brightness and contrast can be turned down as
the image is brighter.
The other down side is that it is best to use it without much room
lighting (which I don't).