Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Sam Goldwasser

Default Anyway to remove crt scratches?

"Kevin S." writes:

Depends on the severity of the scratch. If it's a gouge in the glass,
as dkuhajda says - no, short of filling the scratch with a clear filler
(like eyeglass scratch filler.) If there is an anti-glare coating on
the glass, anything you do to it is going to remove the coating for
sure. If they're just tiny hairline-type scratches, you might try
jewler's rouge or Brasso at your own risk. Won't hurt to try if you're
going to junk it due to the scratches anyway. I've made minor scratches
in glass/plastic acceptable with Brasso in the past.

But again, if it's AR coated, any abrasive will make a small scratch into
an unsightly blemish.