Posted to sci.electronics.repair
bigdaddy

Default Problem with DVD2900F DVD player with Freeview

Hi,

I got this Free view Top Box, but haven't got the remote control. I
tried All in One Remote Controller but to no avail. The All in One
Remote recognizes other devices like TV, VCR but not this unit. Even
after entering the unit code from the Mfg. Is it possible to set it
up manually.

When I switch the Box on, it ask to scan for channels, it waits for
answer yes or no, which I can not do without its remote control. The
DVD part of the unit plays DVDs, but of course if I want to skip some
chapters I can do that as well.

I would be grateful if knowledgeable folks help me out in this.
Thanks.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Adrian C

bigdaddy wrote:
Hi,

I got this Free view Top Box, but haven't got the remote control. I
tried All in One Remote Controller but to no avail. The All in One
Remote recognizes other devices like TV, VCR but not this unit. Even
after entering the unit code from the Mfg. Is it possible to set it
up manually.

When I switch the Box on, it ask to scan for channels, it waits for
answer yes or no, which I can not do without its remote control. The
DVD part of the unit plays DVDs, but of course if I want to skip some
chapters I can do that as well.

I would be grateful if knowledgeable folks help me out in this.
Thanks.

Think you'll need the manufacturer's remote or a compatible. Try either
http://www.wharfedale.co.uk or http://www.cpc.co.uk

--
Adrian C