Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Brad

Default UPDATE: Zenith TV SJ2573BG Main 9-1133 (Sep 91) No Color

Hi,

I had extra time on my hands after I posted (see below) my last message. I
removed the PIP module 9 - 1084 and I noticed IC2000 HA11569FS had some
corroded pins on three sides of the IC (SMD). In my experience, this is
usually the result of a spill or leaky electrolytic capacitor. The way this
is mounted, it couldn't have been a spill by the customer, but if it was a
leaking electrolytic capacitor/s, I couldn't find any evidence! I noticed
that this unit was once serviced (not by me). Could it have been a service
tech drinking a soda? I removed the "residue" and cleaned the corroded
pins. Now there is color. I ran the TV for over an hour (good color).

Brad

I have a Zenith TV SJ2573BG (mfg Sept 1991) main PCB 9 - 1133
with no color (good B & W picture). I don't have SM. I would like to
scope IC6000 221-774-02 which looks like a "jungle" IC, but I couldn't
find pin out information on the web.

Could you tell me which pins handle color? Please indicate
the process for each pin.

If I repair this problem, I will post an "update".

Thanks in advance, Brad

be sure there is no active key logger (spyware) in your PC.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
BigMike

On Wed, 04 Jan 2006 09:31:35 -0600, Brad wrote:

Hi,

I had extra time on my hands after I posted (see below) my last
message. I
removed the PIP module 9 - 1084 and I noticed IC2000 HA11569FS had some
corroded pins on three sides of the IC (SMD). In my experience, this is
usually the result of a spill or leaky electrolytic capacitor. The way
this
is mounted, it couldn't have been a spill by the customer, but if it was
leaking electrolytic capacitor/s, I couldn't find any evidence! I
noticed
that this unit was once serviced (not by me). Could it have been a
service
tech drinking a soda? I removed the "residue" and cleaned the corroded
pins. Now there is color. I ran the TV for over an hour (good color).

Possibly the glue holding the chip is corrording the board. I've seen this
a number of times in different sets.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

As I recall there is one capacitor in the pip module and it does go bad
and leak out. It is not a super critical capacitor as it is being used
for the voltage on the board.