Posted to sci.electronics.repair
donotroubleme

Default one funny window XP computer

in safe mode, it is ok.

in normal windows xp I cannot click any icons to execute any task at all. In
the start icon, it always show the "time funeral".

what is going on?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
mc

I assume that by "time funeral" you mean hourglass. Hmmm...

One of your startup processes is not starting up successfully. I believe
there is a boot mode in which you can choose whether to start things one by
one.

It's also possible that if you wait 15 minutes or so, something will time
out and you will get a meaningful error message.

"donotroubleme" wrote in message
in safe mode, it is ok.

in normal windows xp I cannot click any icons to execute any task at all.
In the start icon, it always show the "time funeral".

what is going on?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Erich J. Schultheis, The Man with the 15 inch Cock

donotroubleme wrote:
in safe mode, it is ok.

in normal windows xp I cannot click any icons to execute any task at all. In
the start icon, it always show the "time funeral".

what is going on?

in safe mode less programs load into memery than normal mode. to fix
that you have to delete most of the programs on your hard drive or add
about a gig or two more RAM to your PC.

People get real ****y if you do not post a make and model number of
your computer. If you do this, it will really help us.

You might also want to head on over to 24hoursupport.helpdesk, because
this newsgroup is about fixing electronics, not about un-****ing-up
windows.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
JR North

Use Selective Startup in Safe Mode to boot the OS without loading
startup programs. If it boots OK, Add each startup program to the
Selective Startup list until the boot failure occurs.
Uninstall/reinstall or leave the offending startup item off to correct
the boot fault.
JR