Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default RCA DTV30X=Edsel

They are. I got 30 years under my belt and I have paid my dues. I am
fully qualified to say that the RCA DTV300 series is junk, not
necessarily scrap, to be that, the parts would have to fit something
useful, like a screendoor on a submarine, or perhaps a front porch on a
Moskit 2 (Sunburn) missile. At the very least, high performance lugnuts
for your microwave oven. Ain't even worth a shuck for that !

And Jerry, I respect your opinion, but I don't need six F_______ years
of school to find out how to scrap this junk which had a product life
cycle of less than two years.I don't need the training manual for the
set, I need instructions on how best to destroy it, e.g. an AK47
manual.

I thought I had it just about there, OK ABL isn't making it to the
video and it's shutting down OK. But then it decides there is a yet
more better way to F___ up ! Now it wants to shutdown when switching
scan modes. I have had it.

I dunno what kind of drug the engineers were on when they concieved
this rat's nest, but regular folk like us should be able to get such
rapture. Yes they were exceedingly brilliant, but they were about as
sharp as a bowling ball.

Yup, I could imagine toolin on down the road in an old Edsel, probably
rode good. Got about 10 more local channels using a regular antenna,
yup it was really cool while it lasted. Literally sheer minutes of
enjoyment are possible with technological marvels. Actually what is
marvelous is that any of them ran long enough to get sold.

They do have one good point, they are becoming collectors items. I hope
they become so rare that they are worth millions each, then we can
charge for a proper burial and funeral. If extraordinary lifesaving
measures are indicated, we need to see your insurance card, then we
will put three neurosurgeons on it post haste. And no, you are NOT
allowed to keep the remote as a memento.

Even Pioneers aren't anywhere near this bad, DAMN ! Even worse than
that, I'd rather work on a Zenith !

Rant over.

I dunno about you, but as one who fixes things I recommend, when asked,
to not buy things that are built into other things. They built a $59
DVD player into a $4,000 home theater TV ! Why ? We had good
discussions joking around about things built into other things, like
the microwave hair dryer, then you could eat breakfast at the same
time. Next it'll be combination airconditioners with bidets. And it
costs more than the TV to install it.

Of course there'll be no popcorn if the bigscreen breaks down because
it's built in, and the cellphones connect through the Playstation. Your
wireless 802.11 home network came with the garage door opener for some
strange reason and the "other" remote never works. to fix it you must
go three days without internet or email. So you park in the drive, she
gets the remote that works. That's OK I got the BIG one for the TV. She
can't change my advanced aperature settings at all ! SO THERE !

So her Sears bill comes. I play like I think it's mine, I open it. Sure
enough a charge for $969. I know what that is. I check the billing
through the PC and find item number 14123. Now I know the plasma cutter
is coming to me he he he. Sorry honey I thought it was mine. No sweat.

Y'know I live in a neigborhood where people don't bring over stupid
things they bought to show you, it's usually tools or guns. Tim Taylor
would love it here. Tough **** though, I ain't moving.

But I don't care,
Cause it's Chistmas time,
Don't care who you are,
Hope you feel fine,

The designers of the DTV series need to see God in person, the sooner
the better, the rest of you have a very very good one. Even the
designers have a good one, we'll see you in Nurenburg or something.

My attitude on these is SOS, Scrap On Sight. I just want to know if the
parts actuallly do fit anyhting else. I bet the CRTs do. If you have
one of these that runs unplug it immediately, in a matter of weeks it
could be the only one running on the planet. With gun control, there
will probably be parts available.

I urge technicians not to commit arson to ensure the destruction of
these units. I assure you they will self destruct, and that will be
cause for us to rejoice. No action is needed on our part.

JURB

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Michael Kennedy

What??!? Is this for real of is someone just posting crazy stuff.

If it is real I would have thrown this thing away a long time ago if he is
still messing with it from his original post on Feb 10 2004 ..

oups.com...