Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default KP53XBR15 convergence problem

Hi. Sony KP53XBR15. I have replaced both STK devices and checked feed
resistors. Voltage good. Set runs good and almost converges right. I have
fixed other problems as well, but that isn't important to my question.

Okay, center to right works perfectly. Red horizontal size adjust, if turned
to shrink size down some, on left side, say 8 inches from edge to 15 inches
from edge, is where the problem shows up. At a certain point, right where I
need it to work, this mentioned region suddenly expands in size while the
rest contines to shrink normally. This produces an interesting ripple effect
in the red. Green and blue are fine. I have scoped signals and seen output
for red looks kind of odd. I have checked all caps in the whole convergence
circuit but have not managed to locate the fauly part yet. Anyone seen this
before?

I may swap the 2 stk devices and see if problem follows chip, but figured
I'd write first.

Cheers, Danny

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
kip

Try changing the return path resistors those
are the low value close tolerance one,s.

kip