Posted to sci.electronics.repair
deepMacsonar

Default JVC Vertical fold

I have a JVC D-Series TV with a video problem. The top 1 1/2" of the
screen is black but the part of the picture that is supposed to be
there, is like upside down. It's like the top 1 1/2 of the picture has
been folded over.

Taking off the back I see NO little screw pots to adjust things, and I'm
wondering if there might be an on screen adjustments or..other
Otherwise would this be an expensive fix

RMan
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
RonKZ650

Why does everyone want to "adjust" every problem out? This is a pain in
the ass when people fool with adjustments. There is a 100uf capacitor
near the vertical output IC that is bad. Not a terribly espensive
repair.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
kip

Because most people are STUPID...They dont understand its got a Fault.

I just spent nearly 2 hrs on a Toshiba CF32E50 because
the customer got the info off the Web and started playing around in the
service menu,s
The fault was a bad STR-Z2151 that had screwed the EPROM Data
caused from an Electrical Storm.

He payed .

oups.com...