Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Brian

Default New RCA TV

I have a new RCA TV. It was made less than a year ago and is great. However,
as RCA's are suspect to, and I've asked and they confirmed, it's normal for
the TV to take a while to turn on (10 seconds) and to have a delay in
changing channels (2-3 seconds).

Would there be a service menu option to atleast shorten the delay when I am
changing channels and I get a picture quicker?

Aloha
Brian

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Brian

The model is 27R411T.

The chassis is ITC008FHM.

.. .

"Brian" wrote in message
I have a new RCA TV. It was made less than a year ago and is great.
However, as RCA's are suspect to, and I've asked and they confirmed, it's
normal for the TV to take a while to turn on (10 seconds) and to have a
delay in changing channels (2-3 seconds).

Would there be a service menu option to atleast shorten the delay when I
am changing channels and I get a picture quicker?

Aloha
Brian

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Charles Schuler

"Brian" wrote in message
I have a new RCA TV. It was made less than a year ago and is great.
However, as RCA's are suspect to, and I've asked and they confirmed, it's
normal for the TV to take a while to turn on (10 seconds) and to have a
delay in changing channels (2-3 seconds).

CRTs need a warm-up time. Some sets apply reduced filament voltage to the
CRT (when the set is off) to shorten this time. I guess your RCA is one
that does not. Actually, I prefer the way yours is designed. 10 seconds is
no big deal.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Art

Channel change delay, are you using a cable box, or a satellite receiver?
Check your cable select setting if your are using direct cable hookup.
Maholo!
"Charles Schuler" wrote in message

"Brian" wrote in message
I have a new RCA TV. It was made less than a year ago and is great.
However, as RCA's are suspect to, and I've asked and they confirmed, it's
normal for the TV to take a while to turn on (10 seconds) and to have a
delay in changing channels (2-3 seconds).

CRTs need a warm-up time. Some sets apply reduced filament voltage to the
CRT (when the set is off) to shorten this time. I guess your RCA is one
that does not. Actually, I prefer the way yours is designed. 10 seconds
is no big deal.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Brian

Hi. Not using satellite or digital cable. Just standard cable. We've three
other TVs here and none have this issue; seems it's an RCA 'feature' as they
have confirmed when I asked about it via email.

I was hoping there might be a service menu to reduce or limit this.

Brian