Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Brian

Default New RCA TV

Hi. Not using satellite or digital cable. Just standard cable. We've three
other TVs here and none have this issue; seems it's an RCA 'feature' as they
have confirmed when I asked about it via email.

I was hoping there might be a service menu to reduce or limit this.

Brian

"Art" wrote in message
Channel change delay, are you using a cable box, or a satellite receiver?
Check your cable select setting if your are using direct cable hookup.
Maholo!
"Charles Schuler" wrote in message

"Brian" wrote in message
I have a new RCA TV. It was made less than a year ago and is great.
However, as RCA's are suspect to, and I've asked and they confirmed, it's
normal for the TV to take a while to turn on (10 seconds) and to have a
delay in changing channels (2-3 seconds).

CRTs need a warm-up time. Some sets apply reduced filament voltage to
the CRT (when the set is off) to shorten this time. I guess your RCA is
one that does not. Actually, I prefer the way yours is designed. 10
seconds is no big deal.