Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default sharp component system - No output

Hi guys I have a sharp CD-DK4500 which has no output to the speakers

If you unplug it, and let it sit, then plug it in, it will work fine
for maybe 10-15 seconds and then you hear a click inside the unit and
the speakers stop. The click suggests to me something is shorting? And
leaving it unplugged lets the short un-do itself? Or something, I dont
know which is why im asking in here, any ideas?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi guys I have a sharp CD-DK4500 which has no output to the speakers

If you unplug it, and let it sit, then plug it in, it will work fine
for maybe 10-15 seconds and then you hear a click inside the unit and
the speakers stop. The click suggests to me something is shorting? And
leaving it unplugged lets the short un-do itself? Or something, I dont
know which is why im asking in here, any ideas?

The click is coming either from the standby relay, or the output relay, and
indicates that the unit is either protecting itself - possibly from the
effects of a defective speaker - or is protecting your speakers from a
defect within itself.

First move is to disconnect all speakers, and see if it stays powered then.

Arfa

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

I unplugged the speakers and still hear the click after 10-15seconds

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily

wrote in message
oups.com...
I unplugged the speakers and still hear the click after 10-15seconds

That being the case, unless you are an experienced engineer, with
appropriate test equipment to determine exactly what the unit's system
control * thinks * is going wrong, you are unlikely to get to the bottom of
the problem, and it's probably time to take it to your local repairer. Sorry

Arfa

Sealed heating system design/conversion - Cue Ed or Andy H Set Square UK diy 8 February 4th 05 10:53 AM
Delta method good enough to fail entire A/C system? ComboverFish Home Repair 13 August 3rd 04 11:30 PM
Ohmwork [email protected] Home Repair 36 July 24th 04 12:22 AM
Vintage R12R Ampeg - guitar amplifier - lack of audio output gain - need help [email protected] Electronics Repair 1 December 31st 03 03:39 PM