Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default cooktop infinite switch replacement

I am about to replace the infinite switches for my Jenn-Air cooktop (
replace all four, including knobs). On eBay I see many different
models, including "universal" versions. Even the universal ones have
two different part numbers, e.g., 5500-202 and 5500-225. The electrical
specs both says 240V/15A and the pin out looked the same as my
originals. With the screw nut mounting kit, I think they will work in
my cooktop. Is there a problem with this plan? Note: exact OEM type
replacement part costs upwards of 30 bucks each. Since my cooktop is
already quite old, I can't see spending that much for a set. Thanks.