Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Chris F.

Default Panasonic CT-2712DF

Does anyone have a schematic for this set? The chassis # is SP338, and I
need the schez for the power supply at the very least.
The trouble is like this; the set was dead when I received it, the owner
said he thought it was hit by a power surge. I replaced several shorted
components on the power supply, and now it attempts to start, but just makes
a high-pitched buzz coming from the switching transformer (which, I believe,
only supplies power for the low-voltage areas).
Anyone with a schematic please let me know, as it would be greatly
appreciated.
Thanks.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Art

Suggest disconnecting the loads, including deflection until the standby
power supply stops squealing, then reconnect one at a time to confirm which
is causing the problem, such as a shorted horiz output or a blown vertical
ic, or a popped audio output.
"Chris F." wrote in message
Does anyone have a schematic for this set? The chassis # is SP338, and I
need the schez for the power supply at the very least.
The trouble is like this; the set was dead when I received it, the owner
said he thought it was hit by a power surge. I replaced several shorted
components on the power supply, and now it attempts to start, but just
makes
a high-pitched buzz coming from the switching transformer (which, I
believe,
only supplies power for the low-voltage areas).
Anyone with a schematic please let me know, as it would be greatly
appreciated.
Thanks.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Chris F.

I'm having some trouble with a D825 on the power supply. It's some special
kind of avalance diode, and there's not supposed to be any NTE replacement
for it (original Panasonic part only). I had tried replacing it with an
NTE570, but the replacement was instantly destroyed on two different tries.
So now I'm out of NTE570's, but before I order any more, is there anything
else I can sub that with? Or am I missing something else that's causing it
to blow?

"Chris F." wrote in message
Does anyone have a schematic for this set? The chassis # is SP338, and I
need the schez for the power supply at the very least.
The trouble is like this; the set was dead when I received it, the owner
said he thought it was hit by a power surge. I replaced several shorted
components on the power supply, and now it attempts to start, but just

makes
a high-pitched buzz coming from the switching transformer (which, I

believe,
only supplies power for the low-voltage areas).
Anyone with a schematic please let me know, as it would be greatly
appreciated.
Thanks.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Chris F.

That's what I figured after taking a close look at the schematic. Doesn't
matter, I've decided to take a more crudely effective approach; cut the
power supply area from the board of another large TV chassis, and build it
into this thing. Shouldn't be hard, as there are only 2 regulated supplies
(130V and 24V). I've done much crazier things and had good luck.......
I intend to keep this set for myself anyway so reliability isn't a huge
issue.....

"Shoreline Electronics" wrote in message
m...
The set will run fine with out it installed......basically protects part
downstream from the PS running full tilt.

--
==========================
Jeff Stielau

========================

"Chris F." wrote in message
Does anyone have a schematic for this set? The chassis # is SP338,

and
need the schez for the power supply at the very least.
The trouble is like this; the set was dead when I received it, the
owner
said he thought it was hit by a power surge. I replaced several shorted
components on the power supply, and now it attempts to start, but just

makes
a high-pitched buzz coming from the switching transformer (which, I

believe,
only supplies power for the low-voltage areas).
Anyone with a schematic please let me know, as it would be greatly
appreciated.
Thanks.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Shoreline Electronics