Posted to sci.electronics.repair
silvrefox

Default Unusable signal 36" RCA

This tv was given to me and I was told the repair could be as simple
as a new video card or something similar to that. So, I cracked the
thing open, and removed what I believe to be the video card. The
part number is 244160. There is a bar code on one part of this piece
on the side that ribbon cable connects it to the motherboard that says
GEMSTAR0203 BJ1 14301929215529.

Whe I open this box up (which I did, just cause I'm curious) I see
lots of what looks like sulfur on the board.

Is this the fixer for my situation or am I looking at the wrong part?
I have pics, just not real sure how to add them.

Thanks for any help.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Art

Need to post actual diagnostic measurements that either you or preferably a
qualified technician has made. Guessing as to why one would remove a Gem
Star Assembly for a non distinguished symptom is beyond the scope of help at
this point. If you are unable to do the actual diagnostics then put it back
together and take it to a qualified service facility. Model number and
chassis also may be of some relative use for others that may want to venture
a guess.
"silvrefox" wrote in message
This tv was given to me and I was told the repair could be as simple
as a new video card or something similar to that. So, I cracked the
thing open, and removed what I believe to be the video card. The
part number is 244160. There is a bar code on one part of this piece
on the side that ribbon cable connects it to the motherboard that says
GEMSTAR0203 BJ1 14301929215529.

Whe I open this box up (which I did, just cause I'm curious) I see
lots of what looks like sulfur on the board.

Is this the fixer for my situation or am I looking at the wrong part?
I have pics, just not real sure how to add them.

Thanks for any help.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
James Sweet

silvrefox wrote:
This tv was given to me and I was told the repair could be as simple
as a new video card or something similar to that. So, I cracked the
thing open, and removed what I believe to be the video card. The
part number is 244160. There is a bar code on one part of this piece
on the side that ribbon cable connects it to the motherboard that says
GEMSTAR0203 BJ1 14301929215529.

Whe I open this box up (which I did, just cause I'm curious) I see
lots of what looks like sulfur on the board.

Is this the fixer for my situation or am I looking at the wrong part?
I have pics, just not real sure how to add them.

Thanks for any help.

Don't just go randomly swapping boards, none of the circuit boards will
be cost effective to replace, if they're even available. If you post the
exact symptom, along with the model or chassis number of the TV set then
someone may be able to give you some tips, it will however require
soldering and the ability to perform basic troubleshooting.