Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Art

Default Unusable signal 36" RCA

Need to post actual diagnostic measurements that either you or preferably a
qualified technician has made. Guessing as to why one would remove a Gem
Star Assembly for a non distinguished symptom is beyond the scope of help at
this point. If you are unable to do the actual diagnostics then put it back
together and take it to a qualified service facility. Model number and
chassis also may be of some relative use for others that may want to venture
a guess.
"silvrefox" wrote in message
This tv was given to me and I was told the repair could be as simple
as a new video card or something similar to that. So, I cracked the
thing open, and removed what I believe to be the video card. The
part number is 244160. There is a bar code on one part of this piece
on the side that ribbon cable connects it to the motherboard that says
GEMSTAR0203 BJ1 14301929215529.

Whe I open this box up (which I did, just cause I'm curious) I see
lots of what looks like sulfur on the board.

Is this the fixer for my situation or am I looking at the wrong part?
I have pics, just not real sure how to add them.

Thanks for any help.