Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Harry

Default Lost Picture

I am loosing the picture on my JVC AV-27730. It makes a little crackle
sound and would come back when I would slap the set on the side. This
worked for a few weeks but no more. I took the back off and if you flex the
main board with a little pressure the picture will come back for a while but
not long. I am being careful to not touch anything where I can be shocked.
(I think.) Thanks for any help.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jumpster Jiver

Harry wrote:
I am loosing the picture on my JVC AV-27730. It makes a little crackle
sound and would come back when I would slap the set on the side. This
worked for a few weeks but no more. I took the back off and if you flex the
main board with a little pressure the picture will come back for a while but
not long. I am being careful to not touch anything where I can be shocked.
(I think.) Thanks for any help.

The crackle sounds like you are losing high voltage, and the fact that
flexing the board makes the problem come and go indicates a loose
connection.
Most often it's caused by a bad solder joint. Use a magnifying glass to
look for it. Start in the main power supply and the high voltahe sections.
If you don't know how to do this, find a technician or TV repair shop.
If it's only a loose connection, it will probably cost you just the
standard labor charge with no parts.
If you allow the symptom to continue, parts mey be damaged, making the
problem most costly to repair - because the technician will need to find
and replace the bad component(s) and find the original loose connection
that caused it.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Harry

Thanks to you in helping me to diagnosis the problem with my JVC TV picture.
I just got around to examining the board and found the culprit. I
resoldered the joint and now I have a picture.

Thanks again,

Harry