Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Help please! Receiver will not turn on from Stand-by mode

wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a Marantz SR-7000 receiver that, after a recent move to a new
home, will no longer turn on. When plugged in, the red Stand-by light
comes on, but neither pressing the power button on the unit or trying
to turn it on via the remote work. Does anybody have any ideas?

As I mentioned I moved recently, but my home theater equipment always
gets moved by hand and quite delicately at that, so I don't believe
anything happened in the move.

I appreceiate any input you folks may have as to what might cause this
and what to try...

Thanks in advance!

OK - not to bring this thread back from the dead, but guess what
happened?

After months of being too busy to get my receiver off to the repair
shop, the day finally came to bring it in, and just for giggles I tried
plugging it in once more to verify the issue still existed. Well, to
make a short story shorter, the receiver now works! I had tried it a
few times over the past few months with no change in behavior and now
all of a sudden (and for the past week or so) it works without issue...

I'm just curious if anybody has any ideas on what might cause this
behavior? I had previously checked all the fuses and they were fine,
but I was resigned to having to bring it in for service. I'm hoping
the 'self-repairing' of the receiver might yield a clue as to what the
issue was in the first place.

As usual - thanks in advance for any input-

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jumpster Jiver

wrote:

wrote in message
[...]

As delicately as you moved it, there may be a loose connection maybe
caused by a bad solder joint that caused the problem. Sitting around,
small temperature changes within your house or even through-the-floor
vibrations caused by walking by the unit may have caused a component to
reconnect. Without finding the cause and repairibg it, the problem
might come back when the unit is on, possibly burning out some
components. Or you may be lucky and never see the trouble again!