Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Replace PC Motherboard Capacitor:Low Impedance or ESR Capacitors?

I would like to replace the bulged caps for a pc motherboard.
I check the mouser.com, it does not have 6.3V 3300uF Esr capacitor.
Is it ok to replace it with Low Impedance Electrolytic Capacitors?

What 's the difference between Low Impedance Electrolytic Capacitors
and
Low ESR Electrolytic Capacitors?
What type of capacitor the computer motherboards use? Low Impedance
Electrolytic Capacitors or Low ESR Electrolytic Capacitors?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Charles Schuler

wrote in message
oups.com...
I would like to replace the bulged caps for a pc motherboard.
I check the mouser.com, it does not have 6.3V 3300uF Esr capacitor.
Is it ok to replace it with Low Impedance Electrolytic Capacitors?

What 's the difference between Low Impedance Electrolytic Capacitors
and
Low ESR Electrolytic Capacitors?
What type of capacitor the computer motherboards use? Low Impedance
Electrolytic Capacitors or Low ESR Electrolytic Capacitors?

Both terms mean the same thing. Low series resistance and low impedance are
equivalent. You must trust the supplier, not the marketing BS.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
gb

wrote in message
oups.com...

I would like to replace the bulged caps for a pc motherboard.
I check the mouser.com, it does not have 6.3V 3300uF Esr capacitor.
Is it ok to replace it with Low Impedance Electrolytic Capacitors?

What 's the difference between Low Impedance Electrolytic Capacitors
and
Low ESR Electrolytic Capacitors?
What type of capacitor the computer motherboards use? Low Impedance
Electrolytic Capacitors or Low ESR Electrolytic Capacitors?

Mouser was back ordered ( 8 weeks) and I went to DigiKey (who I have used
for years)
http://www.digikey.com/

I selected some nice Nichicon UPW 105 degree series (page 527 of the
catalog) .. be sure to measure the LEAD SPACING for the capacitors leads on
your motherboard ("LS" mm) .. makes for nice looking replacement (and in
some cases only way it will fit).

w9gb