Junior Member

Post JVC R-X500B, doesn't quite power up.

I'm new to posting here, so bear with me if my etiquette is lacking. I have a JVC R-X500B (circa 1984) reciever that when switched on, the display back-lights come on, and then the protection relay clicks, but the display is blank and no audio output. With headphones plugged in, you can hear a very faint 'hiss' after the relay clicks; probably just background amp noise.
The reciever was given to me by someone cleaning out their garage. He claims it was working when he put it away. I've checked the obvious stuff like fuses, and PS transformer output. I'm wondering if it's worth getting into as I don't know much about these old JVC units. However it does appear to be in very good condition; no scratches or dings on the outside and the inside is dust and dirt-free. I also don't have a reciever at the moment, so this might be better than nothing. Any help or suggestions with this unit would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Jon
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Mark D. Zacharias

Default JVC R-X500B, doesn't quite power up.

news

--
oftaan

I would begin by checking the various power supply voltages.

Mark Z.

PC power related questions [email protected] Electronics Repair 1 May 20th 05 11:28 PM
Power surges Cheryl Home Repair 54 June 25th 04 08:50 PM
POWER SAVING UNIT ? mowhoong Electronics Repair 7 May 7th 04 06:10 AM
need help tracing power circuit on laptop railroadrum Electronics Repair 7 April 16th 04 09:02 PM
Generator FAQ Gunner Metalworking 0 January 23rd 04 05:24 PM