dutch

Default Toshiba M752 VCR

Hello,
I have a low usage Toshiba M752 VCR that only recently started messing
up. The tape gets caught on the inside and the unit shuts down. I'm
wondering if anyone has a service manual for this unit. I realize that
this unit is around seven or eight years old but until now I have had no
problems. The tape mechanism is the only thing not working.

Thanks,
D.E.

dutch:
A service manual for this type of fault is usually not required....
and in most cases the service manual will be of little help, if any.
Depending on the exact symptoms the problem could be as simple as a
worn belt or stuck idler gear... or possibly a bad/dirty mode switch.
If you are not certain where to start you should go to the website for
this newsgroup at
http://www.repairfaq.org/
there, with some search time, you will find a wealth of VCR
troubleshooting tips, repair proceedures, and important safety
information.
Good luck with your repair.
electricitym
- - - - - - -

dutch wrote:
Hello,
I have a low usage Toshiba M752 VCR that only recently started messing
up. The tape gets caught on the inside and the unit shuts down. I'm
wondering if anyone has a service manual for this unit. I realize that
this unit is around seven or eight years old but until now I have had no
problems. The tape mechanism is the only thing not working.

Thanks,
D.E.

dutch

Thanks electricitym.
I didn't realize there was a website for this newsgroup and you're
right, what a wealth of information. This should help a lot.
Thanks again,
D.E.
oups.com...

dutch wrote:
Hello,
I have a low usage Toshiba M752 VCR that only recently started
messing
up. The tape gets caught on the inside and the unit shuts down. I'm
wondering if anyone has a service manual for this unit. I realize that
this unit is around seven or eight years old but until now I have had no
problems. The tape mechanism is the only thing not working.

Thanks,
D.E.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
nvic

When you say "getting stuck indside", do you mean eating tapes or other
mechanical problem with the transport (loading, etc.)? Also, what year
is it from?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
dutch

Ok I think we bought the unit in 1996 or 1997. Here is the serial number:
93114525 (this bar code number was inside: 9311452543). The FCC ID number
is AJXYV95-008. The unit turns on ok and works well as just a tuner. When
a tape (any kind of VHS video) is inserted in to the tape cage nothing
happens. It doesn't even try to load. If I push the cage all the way in
(VCR cover off) and seat the tape, it seems to run fine. Play, stop,
forward and rewind all seem to work fine. When I press the eject button the
tape retracts back inside the case but the tape does not eject. The tape
transport appears to see the cassette as having just been inserted and pulls
the tape back out of the case and begins to play the tape. I am still
reading through the articles on the repair web sight. The only thing that
relates so far is that there might be a dirty mode switch. I'm also having
trouble locating the motor that runs the cassette loading mechanism. I
would be grateful for any help or ideas.

Thanks,

D.E.

oups.com...