Posted to sci.electronics.repair
dutch

Default Toshiba M752 VCR

Ok I think we bought the unit in 1996 or 1997. Here is the serial number:
93114525 (this bar code number was inside: 9311452543). The FCC ID number
is AJXYV95-008. The unit turns on ok and works well as just a tuner. When
a tape (any kind of VHS video) is inserted in to the tape cage nothing
happens. It doesn't even try to load. If I push the cage all the way in
(VCR cover off) and seat the tape, it seems to run fine. Play, stop,
forward and rewind all seem to work fine. When I press the eject button the
tape retracts back inside the case but the tape does not eject. The tape
transport appears to see the cassette as having just been inserted and pulls
the tape back out of the case and begins to play the tape. I am still
reading through the articles on the repair web sight. The only thing that
relates so far is that there might be a dirty mode switch. I'm also having
trouble locating the motor that runs the cassette loading mechanism. I
would be grateful for any help or ideas.

Thanks,

D.E.

"nvic" wrote in message
oups.com...
When you say "getting stuck indside", do you mean eating tapes or other
mechanical problem with the transport (loading, etc.)? Also, what year
is it from?