Eliot Coweye

Default There is no reason to repair electronics !

Yes, imo all the electronic parts are ultra-cheap. If something doesn't
work anymore, just throw it away and buy a new one.

Repairing is bad :

1) If a part failed once, it will fail again and again. Better toss it.
2) Buying new parts is good for the economy.
3) Old technology belongs into a museum, old tchnology is obsolete and
easy to replace.

James Sweet

Just a reminder not to feed the troll.
Michael Kennedy

Just about to say that.. Oops! I fed him...
"James Sweet" wrote in message
Just a reminder not to feed the troll.

Sam Goldwasser

James Sweet writes:

Just a reminder not to feed the troll.

Yeah, probably runs a land-fill.

--- sam
Michael Black

"Eliot Coweye" ) writes:
Yes, imo all the electronic parts are ultra-cheap. If something doesn't
work anymore, just throw it away and buy a new one.

This is a troll. If anyone bothers to reply to it, at least have
the decency to remove the brasil.unix that it was also cross-posted
to.

After all, the point of his post is to get responses, and to get
them into that other newsgroup. It means nothing if it's not
cross-posted.

I could fully explain this, I just did in another newsgroup, but
I'm tired of being the one who notices. And I'm quite certain some
will fall for it, just like the previous times it's happened.

Michael

I really don't understand why the OP bothered. To discourage us ? Ain't
gonna work. At $20 an hour (and that's take home) what am I gonna do ?
Quit ? To make this kind of money I would have to work hard physically
in most other jobs, and being 45 I don't feel like it.

Years ago I learned to suppress my urges to do stupid things, thinking
out what have I to gain or lose. I don't care if this guy is the owner
of Sony, he can't possibly benefit from his rant.

My guess is he just feels the need to be a pest.

Now the six of us have fed the troll I guess. Let's hope he gets fat
and dies from a heart attack. Some serving suggestions:

White bread fried in Crisco
Raw pork and chicken, or sun cooked for a few days
Lots of refined sugar and salt
Raisins (chance of causing appendicitis) as a special treat
Plenty of cyclamates and aspartime
Ground glass

Any other ideas ?

JURB

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default TROLL ALERT: There is no reason to repair electronics !

In article .com,
Eliot Coweye wrote:
Yes, imo all the electronic parts are ultra-cheap. If something doesn't
work anymore, just throw it away and buy a new one.

Repairing is bad :

1) If a part failed once, it will fail again and again. Better toss it.
2) Buying new parts is good for the economy.
3) Old technology belongs into a museum, old tchnology is obsolete and
easy to replace.

Please consider NOT RESPONDING to this attempted thread. If you must, then
remove his tracking newsgroup and trophy case, brasil.unix, from
the NEWSGROUPS line (or whatever it takes with _your_ newsreader to prevent
crossposting).

Every month or so, using a fictitious name, this troll floods 5000
newsgroups (all cross-posted to one or more low-traffic but unrelated
"scorecard" newsgroups) with superficially relevant comments. The
purpose is to disrupt with off-topic crosspostings. Browse the
brasil.unix newsgroup, his current score card, for the
"big picture" on the person you are replying to.

this group is for megalomaniac trolls and spambots only who like
to terrorize the usenet.

Only fans of George W.Bush are allowed to post here, because we are
fans of his greatness, Lord Bush.

Atheists, heretics and witches are not allowed to post here and will
be burned at the stake!

He is known as the "anagram troll" because his fictitious names are often
discovered to be anagrams:

Eliot Coweye ----- Wilee Coyote
Gerry Lintonice ----- Nitroglycerine
Tristan Beeline ----- Albert Einstein
Winnie Oakbob ----- Obi-wan Kenobi
Paul Eisner ----- Super Alien
Tom-Alex Soorhull ----- Homosexual Troll
Lester T. Linpord ----- President Troll
Karl Reitlos ----- Kaiser Troll
Rick Stoll ----- Sick Troll
Karl-Hugo Weesberg ----- George Walker Bush
Hans-Marc Olsen ----- Charles Manson
Eric Coldo ----- Crocodile
G.K. Konnig ----- King Kong
Brian Raab ----- Barbarian
Pablo Rena ----- Anal Probe
Patrick Kain ----- Captain Kirk
Alberto Panno-Peano ----- Napoleon Bonaparte
Ted Harvard ----- Darth Vader
Faith Dorell ----- Adolf Hitler
Leah Lidtorf ----- Adolf Hitler
Ralf Dieholt ----- Adolf Hitler
Blaine Adamson ----- Osama Bin-Laden
Adam Ben Nalois ----- Osama Bin-Laden
Shane D. Maudiss ----- Sadam Hussein
Keith J. Crapper ----- Jack The Ripper
Stan J. Lefosi ----- Josef Stalin
Evan-Josh Roose ----- Jason Voorhees
Bruno Beam ----- Unabomber
Dan Simper ----- Spiderman

Other aliases he has used:

Charles Immey
Harlan Osier

I'm the evil anagram troll and I like to create persons with names
which are anagrams of something stupid.

This would be a good idea for a screenplay, because people can try to
find out the anagrams ...

Like all trolls, he means to annoy and disrupt. The tracking newsgroup is
the way he "keeps score" of how much damage he has caused. Don't put
yourself on display in his trophy case.

Google groups (the service the troll uses to post) has already expressed
that will not take action based on complaints about this type of behavior.

.:\:/:.