Bob Shuman

Default Playstation 2 CD-ROM laser sled cable

I am fixing my daughter's Playstation 2 and discovered that the ribbon cable
running from the motherboard to the CD-ROM laser movement is broken. I'd
imagine that many of the newsgroup regulars have repaired these and would
like to know if anyone has this part they would be willing to sell to me.
The part that is broken is the small beige/brown clip on the laser end so
the cable will not stay connected.

I know for certain that this is the problem since I can get it to work for a
few ROM reads before it loosens up and falls out then fails.

Thanks in advance since I really do not want to purchase another one and my
11-year old daughter is counting on me to get it going again.

Bob S

Andy Cuffe

On Sat, 12 Nov 2005 22:21:22 -0600, "Bob Shuman"
wrote:

I am fixing my daughter's Playstation 2 and discovered that the ribbon cable
running from the motherboard to the CD-ROM laser movement is broken. I'd
imagine that many of the newsgroup regulars have repaired these and would
like to know if anyone has this part they would be willing to sell to me.
The part that is broken is the small beige/brown clip on the laser end so
the cable will not stay connected.

I know for certain that this is the problem since I can get it to work for a
few ROM reads before it loosens up and falls out then fails.

Thanks in advance since I really do not want to purchase another one and my
11-year old daughter is counting on me to get it going again.

Bob S

You'll probably have to replace the entire connector. This won't be
easy to do even if you can find the right type of connector. Since it
works for as long as the cable is in place, I would glue, or tape the
cable so it can't come loose. A little hot melt glue should work.
Andy Cuffe

-- Use this address until 12/31/2005

-- Use this address after 12/31/2005