Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Brian

Default New success: Banging TV brings picture back. Any insight?

I made a post on the 6th about a new to me panasonic TV having a picture
problem, with the picture fading out and back in. Thanks to all who replied.
It's black video for the most part but I believe I found a way to bring the
video back. If I bang moderately on the top of the TV (from above the glass
to the back) I was able to successfully get the picture back three times
within two minutes. Two times the picture faded right back out after a few
seconds and the third time it's been on and perfect for about 10 minutes
now. When it works then fades out, it fades out without being touched at all
so it's not due to a physical problem like a loose item.

Does anyone have any thoughts? Does the banging on the top offer any new
insight to the problem along with my other post? Again, there were no
apaprent problems I could see inside regarding solder joints. I ensured that
all the wiring connectors were securely plugged in.

What is my bloody problem with this! I can't throw it out because it clearly
does work still! I just want to be able to get it to stay working!

Aloha
Brian