Brian

Default New success: Banging TV brings picture back. Any insight?

What would one look like? All the solders I've seen are perfect little dabs
of solder. I re-soldered the 6 or 7 behind the filament two of which are for
the heater with no success.

Aloha!

"James Sweet" wrote in message
Brian wrote:
I made a post on the 6th about a new to me panasonic TV having a picture
problem, with the picture fading out and back in. Thanks to all who
replied. It's black video for the most part but I believe I found a way
to bring the video back. If I bang moderately on the top of the TV (from
above the glass to the back) I was able to successfully get the picture
back three times within two minutes. Two times the picture faded right
back out after a few seconds and the third time it's been on and perfect
for about 10 minutes now. When it works then fades out, it fades out
without being touched at all so it's not due to a physical problem like a
loose item.

Does anyone have any thoughts? Does the banging on the top offer any new
insight to the problem along with my other post? Again, there were no
apaprent problems I could see inside regarding solder joints. I ensured
that all the wiring connectors were securely plugged in.

What is my bloody problem with this! I can't throw it out because it
clearly does work still! I just want to be able to get it to stay
working!

It's obviously a solder joint, you haven't looked hard enough.