Dan Gruner

Default What is a sutable alternative to small signal transistor type A970?

Hi All,

I am currently repairing a powered mixing desk and it uses (on each of its
input channels) a pair of A970 transistors for the microphone input preamp
stage. A channel has gone down and I've traced the fault to both
transistors which have failed. My question is can I replace these with an
alternative I have to hand such as a BC550, BC560 or BC108/109? Cant find a
data sheet on the A970, but I think it has a beta of at least 400. Any help
will be much appreciated!

Dan

James Sweet

Dan Gruner wrote:
Hi All,

I am currently repairing a powered mixing desk and it uses (on each of its
input channels) a pair of A970 transistors for the microphone input preamp
stage. A channel has gone down and I've traced the fault to both
transistors which have failed. My question is can I replace these with an
alternative I have to hand such as a BC550, BC560 or BC108/109? Cant find a
data sheet on the A970, but I think it has a beta of at least 400. Any help
will be much appreciated!

Dan

The transistor is probably a 2SA970, the prefix is often omitted from
the marking on Japanese transistors.

Anyway you can get the datasheet from here, and it shouldn't be too hard
to find a suitable replacement.

http://www.datasheetcatalog.com/data...9/2SA970.shtml
Wes.

"Dan Gruner" wrote in message
Hi All,

I am currently repairing a powered mixing desk and it uses (on each of its
input channels) a pair of A970 transistors for the microphone input preamp
stage. A channel has gone down and I've traced the fault to both
transistors which have failed. My question is can I replace these with an
alternative I have to hand such as a BC550, BC560 or BC108/109? Cant find
data sheet on the A970, but I think it has a beta of at least 400. Any
help
will be much appreciated!

Dan

Try searching for 2SA970, found them at ampslab, there is even a PDF that
you can download

http://www.ampslab.com/trans_2sa970.htm

TOSHIBA LOW NOISE TRANSISTOR/ SILICON PNP / 120V / 0.1A / 100MHz.

Wes.

Neil J. Harris

Hi,
They are in the Grandata catalogue for £0.25 (+ £1.00 P&P+VAT)
Tel 020 8900 2329 or www.grandata.co.uk

In message , Dan Gruner
writes

--