Dan Gruner

Default What is a sutable alternative to small signal transistor type A970?

Hi All,

I am currently repairing a powered mixing desk and it uses (on each of its
input channels) a pair of A970 transistors for the microphone input preamp
stage. A channel has gone down and I've traced the fault to both
transistors which have failed. My question is can I replace these with an
alternative I have to hand such as a BC550, BC560 or BC108/109? Cant find a
data sheet on the A970, but I think it has a beta of at least 400. Any help
will be much appreciated!

Dan