bigpoppa

Default Toshiba power problems

I've got a Toshiba Model 14af43, chassis M3M827 that will not start up.
The suspected problem was a power surge through the cable input. No
fuses blown, ps resistors and diodes good. I can't find where the 5V
start up pulse comes from. Suspected that the tuner was shorted, thus
dragging the 5V down. Unhooked it but still no start up. I don't have
a manual on this, I'm just working on it at home for a friend. Any
ideas?

--
bigpoppa
James Sweet

"bigpoppa" wrote in message
m...

I've got a Toshiba Model 14af43, chassis M3M827 that will not start up.
The suspected problem was a power surge through the cable input. No
fuses blown, ps resistors and diodes good. I can't find where the 5V
start up pulse comes from. Suspected that the tuner was shorted, thus
dragging the 5V down. Unhooked it but still no start up. I don't have
a manual on this, I'm just working on it at home for a friend. Any
ideas?

Is the standby voltage present? It should be there on at least one of the
pins on the microcontroller.