gudule

Default HITACHI 37U59B CHASSIS M9LXU

Tv dont come on at all. Customer brought only the chassis. I dont have the
service manual. Checked the obvious, nothing visually burned, arcing or
exploded., nothing heats up, checked fuses, lo ohm pwr resistors,
diodes,driver trans, hor out transistor, etc. Nothing open or shorted.
Can anyone give me a troubleshooting procedure to locate this problem
Thanks

sofie

gudule:
Fixing a television WITH ONLY the chassis is a losing proposition unless you
have a similar model scrap television sitting around the shop so you can
actually hook it all up and actually see a picture.... once you get it to
turn on, the picture will provide clues as to what else may be wrong that
cause the failure..... who knows, maybe a shorted CRT or yoke cause the
problem to start with???
Good luck to you..... but if I were you, I would not do any further
troubleshooting until I got all the pieces put together.
--
Best Regards,
Daniel Sofie

. ..