Jason D.

Default Repair in progress & need help: Hitachi 32CX32B (chassis: A3LXU3)

Hi,

I managed to obtain full schematic for that one and the findings:
I found a open D744 12V zener, got that humorgous 32" going as well as
several small capacitors, few minutes later, went out again.

Checked: HOT, fuses, fusible resistors, power etc are ok except when
horizontal tries to start once the standby SMPS fires up since the
microcontroller is in ON when it was shut down prematurely, SMPS shuts
down and stayed this way till plug is pulled then plugged back in, And
so on, cycle repeats. Yes this is strange that TV has SMPS for
standby power and STR-30130 for B+ regulator!

Solderings are good since I went over all over the chassis because I
know Hitachi always come in with heat-stressed solder fractures.

I repeat, remember, that tv remembers which tv is on or off when power
plug is pulled.

Any suggestions?

Cheers,

Wizard