Todd

Default Sony CDP-CX450 Skips after 15 mins

I have a Sony CDP-CX450 and after about 15 mins of playing a cd it will
start to skip. You can watch the display and it will be jumping from the
currently playing track to the previous track played, then back and forth.
Is this a common problem with this unit? Any ideas on what could cause
this? Thanks for any help

Todd:
Dirty laser lens?
Debris in sled gear or damaged sled gear?
Bad ribbon cable on laser sled?
Bad spindle motor?
Bad laser head?
Faulty circuitry?
go to the website for this newsgroup at
http://www.repairfaq.org/
there with some searching you will find a wealth of information.
If, after reading the repairfaq, you are still not certain how to
proceed then you should TAKE it to a service shop, for at the very
least, a repair cost estimate so you can make an intelligent repair
decision.
electricitym
..
..
..

Todd:

You can go to the website for this newsgroup at
http://www.repairfaq.org/

electricitym

Mark D. Zacharias

"Todd" wrote in message
newsQJYe.15817$mH.6569@fed1read07...
Well I got a new spindle motor, and a new lens. Can anyone help me on
where to hook a scope up to align the new lens?
Thanks

You can usually just install it and go, provided the spindle motor platter
height is unchanged, and any solde shorting blob on the pickup is cleared.
If you replaced just the motor, and not the whole subchassis as Sony sells
it, and did not measure spindle height, you've got a problem.

Mark Z.