Trigger

Default Sony Vaio won't boot.

Hi. Sorry if this topic has been posted; I don't have time to look
through the archives.

Anyway; I have a Sony Vaio that won't boot up past the "VAIO" screen;
after that, usually my hard drive clicks a few times and my computer
goes throught POST. However, recently, my hard drive quit working. I
don't know if it's a problem with the RAM (I tried booting from the
CD drive and the floppy drive, which seem to be working perfectly),
or my HD itself.

I'm not really proficient with laptops, but I have basic working
knowledge of how computers are put together. A step-by-step (or just
point me in the right direction) would be appreciated. ANY help would
be appreciated, really.

Thanks for reading.