Default Information on microwave transfer switch

Good Morning,
for my thesis I've to design a transfer switch operating between 8 and
14
Ghz,
I would want to ask you where I could found a little bit of tutorials
on
this theme in a way to avoid many stupid questions for you. I've
already
searched on google but I've found just commercial information while I'm
interested to schemas and designs consideration on this topic.

Many Thanks for your help,

Antonio D'Ottavio
www.etantonio.it/en

**THE-RFI-EMI-GUY**

Well you had better be a pretty good machinist! Why not go back to
google for microwave transfer switch, find a manuafturer who sells them
and then glean the manufacturers important specs like return loss,
isolation, insertion loss. Basiccally you are designing something like a
plumbing valve with rectangular passages. You have four possible routes
A-B and C-D and then switched A-C and B-D. Think ahead as to how you
will test this beast once it is built. You will need some microwave test
gear like a network analyser, and terminating load(s)

--
Joe Leikhim K4SAT
"The RFI-EMI-GUY"

The Lost Deep Thoughts By: Jack Handey
Before a mad scientist goes mad, there's probably a time
when he's only partially mad. And this is the time when he's
going to throw his best parties.
**THE-RFI-EMI-GUY**

Of course I assumed you were talking about a waveguide transfer switch.
If not that case, you could design a coaxial switch that would be far
simpler, but more lossy and poorer return loss.