Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
BE

Default Need advice regarding Hi-8 video camera

Hello,

My brother has a Samsung SCL906 Hi-8 video camera he said he'd give me, but
he reports some problems that may or may not be fixable and a feature or two
that I might not like. I don't know much about video cameras.

First, it has no "audio playback" - whatever that is. Does that mean that it
can only record silent videos - no sound at all? Or is that just a playback
feature?

He also told me that the recording is poor/grainy. Could this be because the
recording head needs to be cleaned, or does it indicate something that
cannot be fixed by simple maintenance?

What about the connectivity issues of a Hi-8 camera in these days of digital
cameras? Assuming I can get it working properly, what steps (or extra steps)
are necessary to getting my final output fully digital?

I appreciate any comments.

Thanks,
Be