Robert

Default Need help removing RCA TV chassis please.

This is so ridiculous. I have an RCA D27185DW (CTC58/59) that I just
can't get the chassis out of. I've worked on literally thousands of TV's (many
of them RCA's to boot) and this is the first one that has me pulling my hair
out. I have removed all the screws that secure the plastic carrier the PCB sits
in, but it is hung up in the middle/front of the carrier. As it is just under
the bottom of the CRT at this location, I can't see or get my hand in there to
feel around too well, but what I can see and feel doesn't indicate any other
screw or release of any kind. I feel so stupid. There must be come kind of catch
there, but for the life of me, I can not find it. Every other RCA TV with a
similar chassis/carrier design has been easy to remove after I removed the
screws and/or cleared the side catches that prevent it from just pulling out.
Can someone enlighten me as to how this particular chassis carrier is released
and removed? I really appreciate the help.

I'll try to illustrate. You'll need to select "Fixed pitch font" so
things line up correctly.

Hung up here
X Towards front
_|_|______________|_|______________|_|_ _|_|_ is a plastic detail(X3)
| | that fits into slots
| | in the cabinet.
| |
~ PCB ~
~ ~
| |
| |
|______________________________________|

Rear Panel

I can try to take pictures of it, (and post them to
alt.binaries.schematics.electronic) but with the mating parts being all black
plastic, I don't imagine the pictures will bring out any usable detail.

Robert wrote:
This is so ridiculous. I have an RCA D27185DW (CTC58/59) that I just
can't get the chassis out of.

Headphone jack or secondary control knob hidden behind a flap on the
front panel?

Is there a slot on the bottom side of the set directly under the hang-up
that might allow you to poke a tool in and release a catch? Maybe the
hole is under a sticker. Or maybe a hole in the front, hidden under a
trim piece.

Matt Roberds

Markus

Greetings,

This goes back some, I know that some of their chassis had a red
plastic knob/lever in the center of the PCB. to remove it you just
rotated it 90 degrees and pull the knob/lever straight up. this part
is all plastic with no wires attached.

just a thought.

Markus

On Thu, 08 Sep 2005 03:23:51 -0400, Robert wrote:

This is so ridiculous. I have an RCA D27185DW (CTC58/59) that I just
can't get the chassis out of. I've worked on literally thousands of TV's (many
of them RCA's to boot) and this is the first one that has me pulling my hair
out. I have removed all the screws that secure the plastic carrier the PCB sits
in, but it is hung up in the middle/front of the carrier. As it is just under
the bottom of the CRT at this location, I can't see or get my hand in there to
feel around too well, but what I can see and feel doesn't indicate any other
screw or release of any kind. I feel so stupid. There must be come kind of catch
there, but for the life of me, I can not find it. Every other RCA TV with a
similar chassis/carrier design has been easy to remove after I removed the
screws and/or cleared the side catches that prevent it from just pulling out.
Can someone enlighten me as to how this particular chassis carrier is released
and removed? I really appreciate the help.

I'll try to illustrate. You'll need to select "Fixed pitch font" so
things line up correctly.

Hung up here
X Towards front
_|_|______________|_|______________|_|_ _|_|_ is a plastic detail(X3)
| | that fits into slots
| | in the cabinet.
| |
~ PCB ~
~ ~
| |
| |

Rear Panel

I can try to take pictures of it, (and post them to
alt.binaries.schematics.electronic) but with the mating parts being all black
plastic, I don't imagine the pictures will bring out any usable detail.

RCA RPTV: Chassis #PT169PGA Dead!!! Rocker Electronics Repair 11 December 16th 04 02:09 AM
ITC222 chassis issues. (COMMON!) Jason D. Electronics Repair 0 September 9th 04 02:03 AM
Tech Review: Victor's (8liners/Genao) Replacement Arcade RGB Monitor Chassis (LONG) Pac-Fan Electronics Repair 22 November 26th 03 12:56 PM
Removing Caulk PC Woodworking 2 August 2nd 03 04:29 PM
Need Sony Monitor schematic CDM-5021PT Sander Paalvast Electronics Repair 0 July 15th 03 02:12 PM