Brad

Default LA78040N Input Pin Number (Sanyo TV DS19204 Vertical Deflection)

"Kip",

I can't believe you asked that question, "R u sure its not a LA7840"!!!!

This TV is less than a year old with a new (I assume) type of vertical
deflection IC. The IC number is LA78040N. When I searched the web for pin
out information, all I found were sources where I can order this IC.

I will be very grateful if someone could tell me which pin is the input
pin? I know I can find out via circuit tracing, but I already put a lot of
time in this 19" TV, and the customer doesn't want to spend a lot of money to
get it repaired.

Thanks in advance, Brad

On Sat, 20 Aug 2005 10:11:13 -0400, in sci.electronics.repair you wrote:

R u sure its not a LA7840

kip
"Brad" wrote in message
Hi,

I replaced IC501, but that wasn't the problem (all electroy. caps good).
I do not have a schematic and I couldn't find (on web) the pin outs for
this
vertical IC # LA78040N.

Which pin is the input pin?

If I repair this TV, I will post an "UPDATE" with details.

Thanks in advance, Brad

RonKZ650

Brad. LA78040 is covered in Sams 4466 but it's a Sansui (Orion) model.
I scanned the vert area for you. If you want it email me at
ronkz650ataol.com
Pin 1 is feedback
Pin 2 is 25v supply
Pin 6 is 25v supply after going through the diode
100uf capacitor between pin 3 and 6
Pin 4 is ground
Pin 5 is output
Pin 7 is input

"Brad" wrote in message
Hi,

I replaced IC501, but that wasn't the problem (all electroy. caps good).
I do not have a schematic and I couldn't find (on web) the pin outs for
this
vertical IC # LA78040N.

Which pin is the input pin?

If I repair this TV, I will post an "UPDATE" with details.

Thanks in advance, Brad

Franc Zabkar

On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 11:31:48 GMT, (Brad) put
finger to keyboard and composed:

"Kip",

I can't believe you asked that question, "R u sure its not a LA7840"!!!!

I confess that I was thinking the same as Kip.

This TV is less than a year old with a new (I assume) type of vertical
deflection IC.

The LA7840 is still current:
http://www.semic.sanyo.co.jp/eng/pro...ge/colortv.htm

The IC number is LA78040N. When I searched the web for pin
out information, all I found were sources where I can order this IC.

I will be very grateful if someone could tell me which pin is the input
pin?

Here is a datasheet for the LA78040N (first hit with Google):
http://service.semic.sanyo.co.jp/semi/ds_j/N7880.pdf

I know I can find out via circuit tracing, but I already put a lot of
time in this 19" TV, and the customer doesn't want to spend a lot of money to
get it repaired.

- Franc Zabkar