Franc Zabkar

On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 11:31:48 GMT, (Brad) put
finger to keyboard and composed:

"Kip",

I can't believe you asked that question, "R u sure its not a LA7840"!!!!

I confess that I was thinking the same as Kip.

This TV is less than a year old with a new (I assume) type of vertical
deflection IC.

The LA7840 is still current:
http://www.semic.sanyo.co.jp/eng/pro...ge/colortv.htm

The IC number is LA78040N. When I searched the web for pin
out information, all I found were sources where I can order this IC.

I will be very grateful if someone could tell me which pin is the input
pin?

Here is a datasheet for the LA78040N (first hit with Google):
http://service.semic.sanyo.co.jp/semi/ds_j/N7880.pdf

I know I can find out via circuit tracing, but I already put a lot of
time in this 19" TV, and the customer doesn't want to spend a lot of money to
get it repaired.

- Franc Zabkar