Pszemol

Default VCR repair - Zenith VRM4150

Symptoms:

POWER button red LED goes on and off alternately with the VFD showing "SET CLOCK".
Together with this, at the same rate the head does atempt to move a bit, not a full turn,
rather a tick in the same direction all the time. Nothing else: no button work, no tape operation.

I checked the power supply, shorting something and destroying it on the way, but I got it fixed :-)
Now the power supply seems to be good - I read following voltages on the power connector
when power supply taken out of the machine: pin 1: GND, 2: 6V, 3: 24V, 4&6: 0V, 5: 41V,
7: -22V, 8: -34V, 9: -26V. When the power supply is hooked up the voltages are obviously
lowered a bit from the applied load. I see slight voltage "movement" together with the display
blinking, when the display is on the pin 2 shows 5.2V when it is off it shows 5.7V...
Other than that, voltages are pretty solid.

What can I test for? How can I aproach the diagnosis of this VCR malfunction ?